Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Whoo Hoo! It's National Margarita Day!

Who knew???  It’s National Margarita Day today!  I have been waiting and waiting for a day like this to come along because I wanted to share a little tutorial on how to salt or sugar rim a glass.  Unfortunately, I can’t actually make a margarita for myself because I gave up alcohol for Lent as a part of my 101 Goals for 2012.  So, it’s up to you to rim the glasses and make a toast to me for my brilliant idea!

How To Salt/Sugar Rim a Glass
First off you are going to need two bowls.  Fill the bottom of a bowl with margarita salt or some sugar.  (For the pictures I used sugar….mmmmm daiquiris.)  Fill the bottom of a second bowl with light Karo syrup.

Next, take your glass and lightly dip it into the syrup and then into the salt or sugar.

That’s it! Easy huh?  After just a bit, the rims will be dry to the touch.

The sweet and salty is a perfect mix for any margarita and of course the sugared rims are great with other fruity mixed drinks.

Need some margarita recipes?  Here’s just a few I found via Pinterest!!
My favorite….the Beergarita! Via Rachel Ray Everyday
Frozen Cherry Margarita via Girlfriend Getaways
Lime Sorbet Margaritas via RealSimple

Grapefruit Margarita via Red O Restaurant
Happy National Margarita Day!
 

UndertheTableandDreaming

1 comment:

  1. Well, it's gotta be 5 o'clock somewhere, right? :)
    Thanks for sharing - beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete