Friday, December 16, 2011

Yesterday I Got My Craft On

I used to be really really crafty.  I say “used” to be, because all of my stamps, scrapbooking supplies, beads, paint, glitter and more are all in storage…….in Texas.  Since moving to Japan I now only have one small cupboard allotted for craft storage, and Hobby Lobby has yet to become an international sensation.

Lucky for me, I have a few friends who, despite the lack of space, have Modge Podge, acrylic paint, and sparkly embossing powder, oozing out of their windows.  AND they are nice enough to share. Plus….this is hard for me to say….they are much more creative and crafty then I will ever be.
Yesterday our culture group and these super crafty creative ladies, got together for our Christmas party.  We made these……


Wonderful don’t you think?

To make one you will need:
·        A piece of wood. (Size depends on what size your letters are.)
·        Acrylic paint (any color you love)
·        Die cut letters (the crafters had a die cut machine)
·        Transfer paper (so your letters stick to the board)
·        Some glossy varnish ( just in case you hang it outside)
·        Glue gun
·        Pretty wired Christmas ribbon
First, paint the wood on the edges and one side.  Any color will do.  I chose red, but one of the Japanese ladies chose a pale purple and it was lovely.  You may need to do several coats depending how porous your wood is.



Once it is dried, attach your letters to the transfer paper.



Place the transfer paper sticky side down on your painted board, and rub the letters firmly with a scraper.



Gently peel back the transfer paper to reveal the letters sticking neatly on your board.



Cover the sides and edges with a coat of varnish.



Glue on a Christmas ribbon to the back with a glue gun.  We used a 2 ½ inch wired ribbon cut into two lengths.  Again, the size/length of your ribbon will depend on the size of your board.  Tie in a bow.  




All finished!  Now now you have a cute and easy Christmas hanging.  The Japanese ladies LOVED theirs!



And I love mine too!




Linking With:


1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed with Herpes and HIV/AIDS for a long time,and I've had some variants of this Herpes and  HIV/AIDS.This has brought me a lot of trouble, on many levels, especially with my partners, and this has given me a lot of self-consciousness.25 years of suffering outbreaks is a long time, I've had depression and I've felt the rejection of many people, who are suffering from it know what I'm talking about.As you know, pharmacological medicine does not provide any adequate solution to eradicate this diseases, it only mitigates the symptoms until the next outbreak.However, about a month ago I discovered some useful information that helped me in a few weeks to make myHerpes and HIV VIRUS disappear naturally after taking DR James herbal mix medicine .Today I am grateful to Doctor James herbal mix medicine that has given me back a normal life.Today I can say that:  I am a new person, or rather, I am back to being a person without complexes because of this silent and complex hell that is herpes.If you don't suffer from herpes, well risky you are, but if you suffer it I invite you to contact this genuine powerful herbal healer called Dr james. Hiv/AIDS is a Deadly disease that cannot be cured by drugs or injections by US doctors, but the best way to fight against HIV/AIDS is to take natural herbal remedies, I read about DR JAMES HERBAL MIX MEDICINE, the great herbalist who cures people of HIV  virus with his powerful herbal medicine. I contacted him to find out how he could help me and he told me never to be afraid that he would help me with the natural herbs medicine! After 2 days of contacting him he told me the medicine is ready and he sent it to me via DHL COURIER SERVICE and it got me in 3 days! I used the medication as he prescribed for me (MORNING and EVENING) and was cured! It's really like a dream, but I'm so happy! For people suffering from the following diseases,Diabetes, cancer,Pcos, hypothyroidism, Herpes, COPD, HIV, arthritis, Hpv, infections, liver disease, autoimmune diseases, Parkinson's disease, Lupus and more should contact him for his herbal medicine, because I am a living witness and I was cured of HIV virus. and DR James medicine is legitimate and 100 percent works. I sent him what he asked for and he sent me his medication which I took for 21 days and today I am here with a negative result. When I went for the test, I was so happy after I took his herbal mix medicine.
    CONTACT DR JAMES FOR A PERMANENT CURE 
       Email: drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete