Saturday, September 17, 2011

Spinach Artichoke Dip

It has been such a busy couple of weeks I have hardly had time to sleep, let alone blog.  So, after cleaning today with the girlies, we decided to take it easy…before I blogged. 
I took easy to a whole new level.
I made Spinach Artichoke dip for lunch.  For myself.  No sharing.

Nom.  Nom.  Nom.
I did take a few pics for you though, so you can see my laziness shine through.  The dip. In a bowl. On the couch. In front of the TV.  With my Twilight plastic cup filled with Diet Cherry Coke (my fav).

Want some?  Make your own.
Spinach Artichoke Dip

Ingredients:
·        8 oz of cream cheese
·        ¼ cup mayo
·        ¼ cup sour cream
·        ¾ cup chopped drained spinach (I used frozen)
·        1 can artichoke hearts diced up
·        1 Tablespoon (at least) chili powder
·        Tortilla chips, veggies, or crackers for dipping
Soften the cream cheese in the microwave until it stirs smooth (1 minute).  Mix in mayo, sour cream, spinach, artichokes, & chili powder.  I take the stems out of the artichokes because yuck….I hate them.  I probably add more chili powder because I like a little spice and the ingredients really cool down the spice.  Be brave….add a lot! Dump the mixture into a baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.  Bake at 400 until cheese is beginning to brown.  (I think it is about 20 minutes but remember, I was being lazy and forgot to time it.

It’s so good even Edward wanted some.

He didn’t get any.  I ate it all.




1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately the only thing I have to make this in my kitchen is spinach and I want it right now! Yum! It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete