Monday, September 5, 2011

Pepperoni Pizza Bites

I’ve been seeing these little pizza dippers around Pinterest and other blogs.  YUM.
But, I haven’t been so keen on making my own dough lately.  Just think of it as me doing my part to conserve energy in Japan.  If I made dough, I would have to knead it.  If I were kneading dough, I would get hot.  If I got hot, I would have to turn on the air conditioning.  See what a good person I am?
Okay, I am lazy.  My kids were hungry and I didn’t want to knead and wait for dough to rise…..so I improvised.
These little bites are easy to make and fun to eat.  I did pepperoni bites, but I have visions of filling them with some veggies and sausage too.  Serve with some marinara sauce and you will have an empty platter as soon as they hit the table.
Pepperoni Pizza Bites
Recipe adapted from Annie’s Eats

Ingredients:
·        One pizza worth of pizza dough…buy it or make it…your choice
·        8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
·        1/3 cup diced pepperoni
·        2 Tbls butter
·        1 tsp crushed garlic
·        1 tsp parsley flakes
·        Parmesan Cheese (I actually forgot this, but they were still good.)
·        Marinara sauce for dipping
Step 1:  Make your dough.
Step 2:  Mix your shredded cheese and pepperoni
Step 3:  Flatten tablespoon sized pieces of dough on your hand or flat surface.  Use flour if dough gets sticky.  Place a bit of the cheese & pepperoni on top, like this…..
Step 4:  Wrap the filling inside the dough, creating a little goody filled dough ball.  Place into a pie plate.
Step 5: Melt the butter and mix with the garlic and parsley.  Brush mixture onto dough balls.  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Step 6:  Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees or until tops begin to brown.  Let cool for a couple minutes.

Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.

Keeping It Simple
Sumo's Sweet Stuff



2 comments: