Sunday, January 9, 2011

Reviewing 2010 via Facebook Status Updates


Everyone is doing reviews of the past year on their blogs….the best posts, the most popular posts, my cute kid every single month in my post posts. (I really saw that.  It was called, “Twelve Months of My Uber-Cute Kid”.  Whatever.  I might put up too many pictures of my cute kids.  But my kids really are cute.)
My point is, I wanted to do a review of the year but I didn’t want beat you over the head with my old blog posts or an overload of kid pictures.  Instead, I have decided to try to review the highlights of 2010 by……drum roll please…..
My Facebook status updates! (Just a few…there were 84 total so I skimmed it down to just a few a month.)
Since most of you will never be my real-life Facebook friend but probably want to be, I hope you enjoy this glimpse into my private, and personal Facebook space.
January
·        Lynnie says, some say the glass is half empty and others say it’s half full.  I say, “Are you gonna drink that?”
·        Lynnie is sending out good luck vibes to Brian.  He is defending his master’s thesis today! Great job baby…you are one step closer to finishing 26th grade! I love you!
·        Lynnie is grossed out.  There is a pile of dog poo on the sidewalk where I run…it has been there so long that this morning it had mushrooms growing out of it!
·        Lynnie is a teenie bit sad.  Today I flushed a baby bunny down the toilet. L

February
·        Lynnie is sublimawesomeinal.
·        我々は日本に移動している!……that’s right folks!  That says we just found out we are moving to Japan!
·        Lynnie is going to give up Facebook for lent….this is going to be rough.
March…..no status updates this month, gave Facebook up for lent.  It was the only way I could break off of my addiction to Sorority Life.  Hey, it worked.  I no longer am losing sleep over the cyber outfits I should buy.
April
·        Lynnie loves cooking with wine.  Sometimes I even put it in the food.
·        I think when you die, if you get the chance to choose regular heaven or pie heaven, you should choose pie heaven.  It might be a trick but if not, mmmmmmmm, boy.
May
·        Lynnie hates her new fake nails but hopes she can use them to lure Brian to the Mexican place tonight for Cinco De Mayo and margaritas!
·        Lynnie <<<<<< Cinco De Headache!
·        Lynnie is off to Club Bed featuring DJ Pillow and McBlanky!
June
·        Lynnie is very very very disappointed in herself…..I decided to go to Wal-mart.  Enough said.
·        No, I didn’t buy her the cheese balls.
·        Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, “Oh crap, she’s awake!”
July
·        Time to start freaking out!  Four weeks until we move to Japan!
·        My husband thinks I look like a zebra in my new profile picture.
August
·        Lynnie just discovered the Bandini.  Girlies, if you don’t have one, go buy one.  Guys, if  you have one then….ummmmm?
·        It is better to have had a HUGE wonderful kitchen and lost it then to have never had that kitchen at all.
·        Happy Anniversary Brian! 13 years of adventures and we aren’t stopping now!  Six hours until we board the plane to Japan!
September
·        Lynnie sent all three girlies off to 6th, 5th, and 2nd grade today, and cried like a big fat waa waa baby.
·        Lynnie thinks she is tall, blonde, and not Japanese.
·        Lynnie found the Sake factory!
October
·        Lynnie just bowled a 63 beating Amber, who is 7, by only 5.
·        Lynnie got free massage with hair cut and fix.
·        Lynnie feels green this Halloween.
November
·        Uh oh!  Amber wants the Cake Boss to make her next birthday cake.
·        URGENT! FACEBOOK VIRUS ALERT!  An email recently went out asking women to post the color of their bra.  THIS IS A VIRUS.  To fix it, you must remove your bra, then go to Settings>Enable WebCam>Record Movie.
December
·        Lynnie is pretty sure she saw the REAL Santa tonight at the commissary.
·        Lynnie would rather eat shards of glass ornaments than ever make gingerbread houses again.
·        Lynnie doesn’t have time to update her Facebook status anymore because she has a blog.

That’s it.  The year 2010 in Facebook status updates.  What was your most memorable update?

10 comments:

  1. This is by far my favorite: "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, “Oh crap, she’s awake!”

    Love your blog....keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a great year! I love be the kind of woman...., The 2011 will be even better :-) lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post!! I love your statuses! HILARIOUS.
    Hope 2011 is a great year for you!

    I left you an award on my blog! So check it out when you get a chance :)
    lifeinitsordinaryform.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha i love your statuses! i gave up facebook permanently but if i had one, i hope my statuses would be as funny as yours! new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your statuses! You make me laugh. (How come none of my Facebook friends are that funny?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok !! I like that I was part of almost all of those updates.....however Im totally sad that I will no longer be a part of the next years updates....missing you like sooooooo bad !! and for the record your nails were straight off the chain Boo !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally would have caved and bought my daughter those cheese balls! Okay, maybe not, but I definitely would have thought twice about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny! My fave - the Virus alert to remove your bra. Creative comedy - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All I know after reading these funny status updates is that we need to be Facebook friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute and funny! I love the quote "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, “Oh crap, she’s awake!" Cuteness in everything. HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete